3 days Room Temperature
- Direct patient to provide first-catch urine (approximately 20 to 30 ml of initial urine stream) into urine collection cup free of any preservatives. Collection of larger volumes of urine may result in specimen dilution that may reduce test sensitivity. Female patients should not cleanse the labial area prior to providing the specimen.
- Remove the cap from the urine specimen transport tube and transfer 2 ml of urine into urine specimen transport tube using the disposable pipette provided. The correct volume of urine has been added when fluid level is between black fill lines on urine specimen transport tube label.
- Re-cap urine specimen transport tube tightly. This is now known as the “processed urine specimen.”
Aptima Urine Tube
3 Days Room Temperature
- Carefully insert the swab into the vagina about 1-2 inches (2.5-5 cm) and gently rotate the swab for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Make sure the swab touches the walls of the canal so that moisture is absorbed by the swab and then withdraw the swab without touching the skin.
APTIMA Multitest Swab Tube